I’m committed to this weight loss thing. Truly I am. Sheesh – it’s only Day 4.
But every time I ate today, it only seemed to make me more hungry. My stomach growled immediately after eating, as if to say, “That’s all you got?”
And my second morning walk this week—my second walk in a year!—was hard. Weird! I’ve never had trouble just plain walking. But my lower back ached and my legs and feet felt like lead. I have to remind myself, “Hello, you’re out of shape! It’ll feel better tomorrow.”
Wearing my Skechers Shape-ups may have been a factor. They are extremely comfortable; I’ve worn them while grocery shopping or going to an amusement park. This is the first time I’ve used them for what they were intended, and I could really feel it in my legs.
Walking the neighborhood will get old, so I’m planning to find places where I can get out into the woods for a little hike. I want this to be fun! Hmm. I think I’ll start another section on this blog to highlight great places to go walking in the Inland Empire (southern California). More to come.
Here is today’s food:
- 8am Coffee (0) with 2 Tbsp sugar free Coffee-mate Vanilla creamer (2), 3/4 c Cheerios (12), 1 c milk (12), 1 tsp Sugar Free Metamucil (5)
- 10:45am Coffee (0), 2 MulitVites Gummy Vitamins for Adults (3), 2.5 oz Turkey cold cuts (1) with Dijon mustard (0) and a small celery stick (1) – yuck. I hated it.
- 1pm 2.5 oz shrimp (0), 2 c Romaine lettuce (3), 1/2 c celery (3), 1/2 c mandarin oranges (14), Diet Pepsi
- 3pm Atkins Caramel Nut Chew Bar (17)
- 4:30pm Deviled Eggs a la Lindora (1), 1/2 c. sugar free cherry Jello (0)
- 7pm 2.5 oz Top Sirloin (0), 2 c Romaine lettuce (3), 1/4 c celery (2), 1/4 c carrots (4), peach (10)
- 9pm Lindora Hot Cocoa (6)
- Total carbs: 99