In my last post, I contemplated how nice it used to be to live in the Land of the Fat Me. As I journey toward the Land of the Fit Me, the benefits of the new world are already being felt. I am determined to make it all the way there, and not stop at the outskirts.
In order to stay motivated and moving toward my goal, I need to keep these benefits in mind.
- Being healthy and fit gives you have two new fulfilling, interesting hobbies: nutrition and fitness.
- Being healthy and fit makes you able to do things you weren’t able to do before! Hiking… biking… kayaking… shooting hoops with your nephew… 🙂
- Being healthy and fit means you’re never bored! You have too much to do!
- Being healthy and fit means you’re spoiling yourself in a different way. You’re spending a lot of time on food and exercise because you’re worth it. You deserve to feel this good.
- Being healthy and fit gives you a way to cope with stress. (I haven’t had a headache or migraine since starting this program.)
- Being healthy and fit means you’re honest with yourself. You no longer justify your actions when you go astray.
- Being healthy and fit means you’re no longer riddled with guilt when you mess up; you know you just need to learn from it and do it differently next time.
- Being healthy and fit means you’re intentional about everything you put in your mouth. Being in control of yourself is a great feeling!
- Being healthy and fit means you’re not a lazy butt! When you relax, it’s with the knowledge that you’ve worked out and that your body is simply recovering.
- Being healthy and fit gives you a better outlook on life. You get bummed out less often. If you feel bad, you can go for a walk, or head to the gym. (This is way, way harder than I make it sound here.)
- Being healthy and fit means you get to enjoy a well-functioning digestion system. Sorry to be gross, folks, but no more flatulence and diarrhea!
- Being healthy and fit means you still get to participate in events that revolve around food, but you partake intentionally.
- Being healthy and fit makes you part of a club. You’ve lost a lot of weight? You like to eat right and exercise? Me, too!
- Being healthy and fit is a gift to your spouse, who would love you no matter how much you weigh. Being healthy and fit means you’re not abusing his unconditional love for you.
- Being healthy and fit may bring you more attention from the opposite sex, but you won’t let it go to your head. You won’t suddenly think you’re all that and flirt back. You’ll make sure they know you’re married and that will be that.
- Being healthy and fit may make you more visible, but you can use that for good to impact others. You can become a contagious change agent for others. They can see how much better life can be when you stopped giving up and have taken your life back.
- Being healthy and fit means you have a healthy relationship with food. Food is your friend, not your enemy. Food gives you fuel and health. Pleasure from eating food is a bonus, but not the goal.
Have I missed any of the benefits of being healthy and fit? Let me know…